Special Education Parent Teacher Association
The HVS Septa Organization strives to create a vehicle for our members to network and share their common experiences. Through SEPTA, you may find helpful suggestions from others like yourself, who have already gone through situations you are now facing. You may also find that you can help others with advice pertaining to situations you have already experienced.
Being part of SEPTA allows you to stay connected and involved in your child’s education. Your ideas, suggestions, and input are always important. Membership is $7 per person. For information on how to join SEPTA please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every year we co-sponsor The HVS Transition Fair, which will have informative workshops for parents and entertainment for the children. We also plan to bring enrichment programs into school.
As always, all help is greatly appreciated, even if you have only a little time to spare. Our monthly meetings are the first Thursday of every month at 12pm unless otherwise noted.
Click here to download the S.E.P.T.A Membership Form.
HVS SEPTA Board
- President – Dianna D’Amico, email@example.com
- Vice President – Jessica Lopez, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary – Shewta Pyneandy-Ishak, email@example.com
- Treasurer – Sue Grasso, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teacher Liaison – Kim Albrecht, email@example.com
Upcoming Septa Events:
SEPTA meeting – October 7 at 12 pm/7 pm (Remote)
SEPTA meeting – November 4 at 7 pm (Remote)
SEPTA meeting – December 2 (Time/Location TBA)
Take a look at the Parents’ Guide to Student Success created by the National PTA. The National PTA® created the guides for grades K-8 and two for grades 9-12 (one for English language arts/literacy and one for mathematics).
- Key items that children should be learning in English language arts and mathematics in each grade, once the standards are fully implemented.
- Activities that parents can do at home to support their child’s learning.
- Methods for helping parents build stronger relationships with their child’s teacher.
- Tips for planning for college and career (high school only).