Speakers Andrew Cohen, Esq. and Mitch Weisbrot, CLU, ChSNC are fathers of children with disabilities. Their personal experience and professional expertise enable them to help others navigate the confusing and emotional aspects of planning for the future.
4:30-5:30 pm – Seminar for parents
5:30-6:30 pm – Seminar for individuals with disabilities
The seminars are free and will take place in the Viscardi Multimedia Learning Center. Please enter through The Viscardi Center’s main entrance.
Topics of Discussion:
- Government benefits for individuals with disabilities
- How to accumulate and preserve assets without disqualifying eligibility for benefits, including the use of the new ABLE Act provisions
- Estate planning and wills
- Special needs trusts – how they work and why they’re useful
- Strategies for funding trusts
- Establishing guardianship
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or 516-465-1508
Light refreshments and appetizers will be served. Child care available while you are at the seminar.
Hosted by The Viscardi Center in collaboration with the Viscardi Alumni.